Saturday, March 09, 2002

Reading List: Just some time passin' (or killin') material.
  • Speedpass, that thing Mobil offers so you can just wave your little pass in front of the pump to pay - versus going to the vast inconvenience of swiping your credit card - is going to be available on a Timex watch. Nice. I noticed that McDonald's is picking up on this. I bet this thing is a babe magnet.

  • Harry Connick Jr. has patented a kind of electronic sheet music. I always thought he had a certain look of geekiness about him.

  • And William Shatner gets all geeky - going Where No Weblog Has Gone Before.

  • I find it very odd that ABC readily featured Dennis Franz's butt in prime time, but they felt the need to censor this relatively harmless scene from Diamonds are Forever.

  • I find the whole concept of tornados highly suspect. I have lived in Michigan for most of my life, experienced hundreds of tornado watches and warnings, I've heard all the stories, and I've seen the pictures and videos - but I have yet to actually observe one. Makes no sense. I am of the firm belief that all "tornados" are really just special effects, the result of some shady conspiracy, probably involving Extraterrestrial Communists or something. You can read this article about storm chasers to see how deep the conspiracy goes.

  • If you haven't wasted enough time by now, check out Orsinal for way too many Flash games to waste your time on.