Friday, March 01, 2002

Dexter City Dump: Link dump that is. My laptop finally arrived. This heralds the onset of a new Golden Era in my life. I shall be totally fulfilled and blissfully happy from this point on, I'm sure. Sadly, there is some configuration and set-up before I achieve Nirvana, so here's some curious nonsense I've been hoarding:
  • I may have mentioned before that Hunter S. Thompson is doing a sports column for ESPN. I thought is was just for football season, but it appears to be on-going. I've permanently linked it up over on the left.

  • Remember the line in Kentucky Fried Movie, "Take him to Detroit!"? That's what I thought of when I found out Metro Times (A Detroit Weekly) has an Abandoned House of the Week feature.

  • Good deals over at GotApex. Check it out whenever you're in the market for something.

  • There is life in games, other than video, as evidenced by Games Magazine's Top 100 Games for 2002, and by the apparent cult following of Marquis De Sade of puzzles.

  • I still maintain that there was more interesting stuff going on in commercial graphic art, versus fine art, for the better part of the twentieth century. This exhibit of air travel posters is good evidence. On the fine art side, I would love to visit this Fairly inaccessible museum.

  • The end of the world is nigh.