Thursday, March 07, 2002

Causing Trouble: There are few things more instructive than visiting a fast food restaurant at non-peak times and observing the workers. Taco Bell is my favorite for this. Confusing a Taco Bell worker into catatonia is as easy as walking in the store and placing an order. Burger King seems to have a policy of taking your order then preparing random items from the menu for you. Then the other day I stopped at McDonald's and it took the little circle of employees longer to decide who was responsible for taking my order than it did for me to get served and finish eating.

There are two lessons from all this:

1) The recession, such as it was, is over and fast food restaurants are reduced to employing those with the misfortune to be born without a cerebral cortex.

2)I really need to eat better.