Thursday, March 07, 2002

I Hope You Remember How To Wang Chung: I guess it was inevitable. The children of the Eighties are now old enough to experience full-on nostalgia. That coincides with that same group reaching the point where they have considerable disposable income.

The end result will be a tidal wave of Eighties obsession coming real soon. The signs are all there. Eighties web sites (here and here); there's the new That '80s Show, which I haven't seen; the Lengendary KK has pointed out that you can vote for the new M&M color from one of three '80s pastels worthy of Miami Vice; and scariest of all: The 1980 J.C. Penny Fall/Winter Catalog.

Steel yourself. It will get worse before it gets better.

On the other hand, I can't see Ferris Buellar often enough. (I am considering writing an essay entitled "Everything I Know I Learned From Ferris Buellar")