Sunday, March 03, 2002

Not Quite Nirvana: The laptop is pretty well set up now, but I have yet to achieve Nirvana. The Port Replicator I ordered was listed on the packing slip but nowhere to be found in the box. I suspect that was because I at first ordered a refurbished one, under the assumption it would be cheaper, then changed my order to a new one when I discovered the new one actually cost less. The customer service dude handled my request with aplomb, but sadly, communications broke down somewhere. We'll see how it all works out in the next couple of days. But the laptop itself is truly sweet. I am posting from it now.

BTW, I'm struck by just how significant the display color differences are from machine to machine. The pretty blue background I agonized over looks absolutely green on the laptop screen.