Tuesday, July 09, 2002

Martini Stones: Reader RMW dropped a note, presumably after reading this to ask if I had ever heard of "Martini Stones." (This is where I show great restraint in not making fun of the phrase.)
...a small glass, screw-top container with a sewn leather casing. On the lid of the container it says "Martini Stones." The stones are small, green rocks. There are no instructions besides, "Keep refrigerated." I estimate the item is about 30-35 years old.

Any idea what these are, and how they are to be used?
You got me. A search turned up pretty much nothing. Put them in your martini to help keep it chilled longer? Put them in your friend's martini to see the look on his face when he tries to bite the "olive"?

If you are in the know, please drop me a note and I'll pass it along.