Friday, July 26, 2002

Looking Around: Another set of quick links for your dining and dancing pleasure.
  • Top notch recap of The World Cup from one of my favorite authors, Nick Hornby (High Fidelity, About A Boy). I didn't watch any of it and I still liked the article.

  • I now think of this guy every time I go to Border's or Barnes and Noble. Who knew bookstore life could be so entertaining? (This one's for The Legendary KK)

  • I guess we'll hear more about this stunt in the Fall. (Heh heh; I do make my own fun.)

  • History channel eat your heart out. The Best History Sites on the web.

  • Warning! I am not being sarcastic when I say think before you click thru. Body Worlds is a London-based Exhibit of Sculptures made from real cadavers. I have to say from the pictures on the site it looks fascinating. But beware if you have a weak stomach. If anyone has a first person review, please pass it along. (This one's for The Pixie)

  • Think of this site as preparation for your next job interview. I stink at riddles, so I'll have to commit them all to memory.

  • Washington DC could put even the most incompetent third world governments to shame. They finally got rid of the coke-head mayor, but not before re-electing him at least once. They're doing better now, this one's only a forger.

  • If you take my Red Swingline Stapler, I'll burn the place down. (Yes, it's a movie reference.)