Tuesday, April 09, 2002

You Gotta Have Art: I managed to get to the Toledo Art Museum this weekend. It's nice little trip only about an hour away from me.

It appears to be located in a ghetto. Seriously, I wouldn't want to be spending a lot of time walking around in the surrounding neighborhood. But you park just across the street and immediate area seems safe.

The museum is nice, if unspectacular (yes, I'm a museum snob). There are Monets and Picassos and plenty of Renaissance stuff; a nice ancient art exhibit; lots of glass work from throughout history. There was a special exhibition on industrial design that I was looking forward to, but it turned out to be only industrial design that had a connection to Toledo, which naturally limited the scope. Still not bad.

It's not a large place. You can cover most everything in an afternoon. There are events running regularly. Free admission (although they charge for special exhibits). A nice way to spend a rainy day.