Tuesday, April 23, 2002

Later 'Gator: This'll be my last post for a week-ish. Do not fret, I shall return hale and hearty, and I promise to have some new material. For now, I leave you with some linkage, both subtle and gross:
  • The coolest thing about travelling into space is all the frequent flyer miles.

  • You know how when you were a kid and you got bored swinging straight, you angled yourself off to the side so you swung in an oval. Well, apparently that behavior has now been patented. Meaning, if you pushed your kid sideways on a swing, you may owe someone royalties. That's a real patent, I am not making that up. Be sure to read the part about producing "a Tarzan yell".

  • I saw this site and now I'm thinking my next car may be a station wagon.

  • A couple of years ago I had my eyes scalded with a laser, the result being my eyesight is perfect for the first time since adolescence. Lasik works well for nearsightedness, but the FDA has now approved a new treatment for farsightedness that uses radio waves instead of a laser. No more Dr. Evil jokes.

  • My continued fascination with design compels me to learn more about Great Buildings.

  • Art History is another source of fascination, so the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Art History Time Line is another keeper.

  • It is axiomatic in literature that mass-market books will sell better if they feature a cat. Is that also true for Yoga?

  • I haven't participated in a run in a while, but I'd do the James Joyce Ramble if I could. As long as I don't have to pretend I understand Finnegan's Wake.

  • Yeeeowch!.

  • Michael Moore is a skank - no, a BIG skank, and he's a chicken-butt, and he can't sue me.