Wednesday, June 26, 2002

Excuse The Disruption: So I head over to the title office in Chelsea to FINALLY pick up my re-finance settlement. There's a big semi in front of me and just as I pull into the center lane to turn left he pulls in front of me and stops dead, effectively blocking the driveway I need to get to, and puts on his flashers. Now given the current state of my car, I have sympathy for anyone with engine trouble, so I slide out from behind him, go up a ways, turn around and come back down to get to the driveway I need from the other direction. As I do I see the driver - clearly a man whose career does not require physical activity or personal grooming - get out and walk into a nearby business, presumably to call for help.

I get into the title office and I'm waiting for them to get my check. I look out and I notice that the truck is starting to cause trafic problems, what with blocking driveways and obstructing everyone's view of on-coming traffic.

So who walks into the title office but the driver. His gut is hanging over his belt. The pits of his t-shirt are soaked. He's got a baseball cap with the confederate flag on it. You just know he's got a greased up pig in the passenger seat. And he says, "Yuh ver har umsum chels lumba."

Me and the receptionist exchange confused looks.

"Lumba sto," he drawls.

The receptionist says, "Chelsea Lumber? Are you looking for Chelsea Lumber?"

"Yeh-heh," he replies with a dentally challenged grin.

She gives him directions. He waddles back into his truck and drives off.

The stupid ape stopped cold in the middle lane, turned on his flashers and started wandering around town asking directions, utterly oblivious to what a mess he was causing on the road.

It's just too easy to make a living in this country. People like that should not be able to thrive and breed. It can't be good from an evolutionary standpoint.