Wednesday, June 26, 2002

Rush, Bum: Sorry to rush you through this like a bum, but I'm still in over-extended (perhaps it will make me taller).

I have been reading Busniess 2.0 in between disasters (it's one of those $3.95 subscriptions I set up while back). Good stuff. The June issue has an interesting article about irrational consumer thinking, which sadly comes to the conclusion that the reason consumers are irrational is that advertising convinces them to be. That's wrong. I would expain why if I had more time. But the behavioral research discused is interesting. And then there's a decent article about blogs, something you may be familiar with. Sadly, the best article so far was in the latest issue (not on-line yet) about the high-tech methods Columbian drug dealers use to evade capture and catch moles. As soon as it's available I'll link it up.

And Wired has an interesting series on the melungeons, an obscure Appalachain tirbe that has been searching for genetic roots. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Follow-up, More Follow-up.

Happy reading. Be back in a few days.