Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Another Hour Lost: Is it too much to ask that somebody, somewhere mention the Sunday morning time change? I didn't need someone to specifically remind me, I just needed it be mentioned; to hear of it in any way, shape, or form -- a reference in an eavesdropped conversation, a casual comment by a radio DJ, a complaint about losing an hour's sleep from an acquaintance -- anything that would have clued me in. Apparently, the rest of the world is so thoroughly organized and in tune with each other that it's not even worth wasting your breath to bring it up. Thanks. Thank you very much. Well, here's a clue -- I am congenitally incapable of staying on top of such things. It is a weakness I was born with; there's probably a syndrome for it, but I can’t be bothered to research it. And frankly, if you accept that civilization requires that the strong protect the weak, and that it should extend to those whose strength is in the organizational skills and short term memory, it does not bode well for the future of mankind that I was not given the slightest notice. This world gets crueler every year.