Monday, January 28, 2002

Lacking Focus: I probably shouldn't admit this, but I had loads to do last night and I ended up getting totally distracted by The Blue Planet, a nature documentary about the oceans. Absolutely incredible footage, some of it rather harrowing. I have a very dim view of nature documentaries in general, this is an exception. Worth checking out the upcoming episodes.

The Best Restaurant: I have visited the Outer Banks of North Carolina on a number of occasions - specifically in and around Duck and Corolla. While there, I have ever eaten perhaps the best food of my life at a little place called the Red Sky Cafe. It's a small restaurant (a counter and maybe ten tables) located in the front of an associated wine shop. I guess you might call the cuisine fresh-mex or southwestern style. I don't know for sure - I just know it rocked. Everything on the menu was great, and I oughta know, I bet I tried it all. It was so good that every time I was in town I made multiple visits and got to know some of the staff by name. Now I have heard a viscious rumor that it might be closed down. I would definitely shed a tear if that were true. I may have to protest and find a new Atlantic coast summer beach location. Surely one of you wonderful readers must live down in that area. I need to know for certain. Drop me a line, woudja?

Incommunicado?: I have a report that the email link over to your left is not working properly. It seems OK to me, so if you try it and it doesn't work please manually address a note to me at dzot@usa.net and please mention what your OS and email application are. Danke.