Saturday, January 19, 2002

Doing Away With Creed: I would like to be rid of the band Creed. My pathetic car radio has six pre-sets and on my way home the other night three of them were playing the utterly vomitous My Sacrifice simultaneously. This is reminiscent of a year or so ago when they all were playing the merely nauseating With Arms Wide Open.

I would like to eliminate all evidence that the band Creed ever existed. Can you offer suggestions on the most efficient method for doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Take It Down a Thousand: I just bought a CD callled The Look of Love by Diana Krall. She is a fabulous Jazz vocalist, especially adept at torch songs. I bought the CD after hearing it broadcast in Best Buy. It is quite wonderful, her voice is velvety and sultry and emotive. Highly recommmended.

It makes me realize how truly bad the current crop of Pop and R&B divas are. They have two volumes: Loud and Earsplitting. And whenever they feel the need to express emotion, I get a vision of them standing at the mic wearing a truss which the record producer hitches tighter on cue. Seriously, it's like a competition to see who can express the most extreme variation of pitch on every single syllable of the song. Diana Krall expresses more genuine emotion in eight bars than Whitney, Mariah, Britney, and Christina have in their entire lives combined. And she does it without raising her voice.