Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The Month That Was - February 2009

The Month That Was - February 2009: Heavy on Florida this month. I went down to the keys for few leisurely days because this winter has been atrocious (pics on SmugMug). A full recounting is below, along with two Florida travel rewinds from years back. I have been light on travel of late and that will probably continue for the first half of the year. I hope to make up for it after half-time.

Apart from that, the big accomplishment of the month is getting Apple Pie available for Kindle. It's not a difficult task if you have passable technical skills, it is tedious however. But Business As Usual is coming along more quickly -- if I could get a break from weekend work spill over and doing my father's taxes and other writing I don't want to lose momentum on, I could knock it off fairly quickly.

Both will be priced at $4.84 which Amazon will subsequently discount a few pennies. You pay more than that for a Starbucks. Really, if you have a Kindle, there's no reason not to download. (If you don't have a Kindle, well, the price of the books will be trivial compared to the $359 purchase price so again, no excuse not to purchase.) And, just as I was posting this, I see there is now a free Kindle app for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch. So you pod people have no excuse either.

As promised, I'm giving you a break from Detroit bashing this month. But oh how I want to let loose. We'll see how long I can hold my horses.

Up the Amazon
Sour on Apple
Book Look: The Man Who Was Thursday
Book Look: Honest Signals
Book Look: Some Buried Caesar
Flick Check: Bringing Out the Dead
Flick Check: Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
Keys to My Heart
Travel Rewind: Babylon on the Make
Travel Rewind: The Gold-Plated Swamp