Tuesday, February 05, 2002

I'm Going to Pump You Up: One of the very few things worse than a computer geek is a fitness geek. It's for that reason I rarely discuss my obsession with working out with sane, non-obsessive people, even my close friends. So I approached writing Aerobics for Regluar Guys with a bit of trepidation. It is my sworn intent not to blather on about things that would bore you to tears. Then as I started writng it, I started actually having fun with it. That's very unusual for me. Truthfully, I find writing occasionally tedious and always difficult. I deeply enjoy having written, but when I'm actually writing I often have to will myself to keep going. Suprisingly, this one was fun to write in parts, mostly because I was relating experiences that I have enjoyed having. I even got to do a bit of interesting research, like a real live journalist. So I'm probably going to feel a little more free to write extended ramblings with too much detail on topics that interest me, without regard to what may appeal to a a more general audience.

So beware.

I Laughed 'Til I Stopped:
Sven and Ole worked together and both were laid off, so they went to the
unemployment office.

Asked his occupation, Ole said, "Panty stitcher. I sew the elastic onto ladies cotton panties."

The clerk looked up panty stitcher. Finding it classified as unskilled labor, she gave him $300 a week unemployment pay.

Sven was asked his occupation. "Diesel fitter" he replied. Since diesel fitter was a skilled job, the clerk gave Sven $600 a week.

When Ole found out he was furious. He stormed back into the office to find out why his friend and coworker was collecting double his pay.

The clerk explained, "Panty stitchers are unskilled and diesel fitters are skilled labor."

"What skill?" yelled Ole. "I sew the elastic on the panties, Sven puts them over his head and says, "Yah, diesel fitter."
It's so stupid, I'm ashamed to say it made me laugh.

Yeah, I'm a humorist.