Tuesday, November 08, 2022

The Month That Was - October 2022

What's done is done.  My new book, The Hawk Sahib, is now on Kindle (also linked in the sidebar).  More below.  I wish I could say there was a strong sense of accomplishment, but I have had so many distractions and false starts over the years, that any sense of anticipation I had was gone and it feels like just another chore completed.  Perhaps I will feel otherwise in the fullness of time.

Other than that it was a month like any other.  I have begun baby-stepping towards getting my house in shape for listing.  Mostly that means getting rid of junk.  When I moved in 12 years ago I did a comprehensive junk purge and resolved not to fill my life with more crap.  Epic fail.  One of the difficulties is that, for a lot of stuff that you wish to be rid of, there is no easy way to dispose of it.  Trash collectors and donation centers have rules about what they'll take.  Basically, if it is inconvenient and worthless -- which a great deal of what I am trying to rid myself of is -- you not only can't sell it, but you'll have to pay someone to take it off your hands. Try to rid yourself of a 36" cathode ray tube TV and see how far you get.


Lord, deliver me from stuff.


[Books] The Hawk Sahib

[Cars] Auto Aspirations

[TV, Movies] Disney's Dive