Saturday, August 07, 2021

The Month That Was - July 2021

Another month of madness.  I was given the news that my day job position is (effectively) being moved out of the U.S. after nearly 28 years.  I have been given a termination date in the near future.  It sounds upsetting, but don't weep for me.  I'll get a decent severance package and there is the question of how many years I have left anyway.  More below. 

Overall I have a sense that my life is about to move to a new phase.  I'm not sure what that phase will entail or whether it will be better or worse. It is more than a little unsettling.


As much as I thought I was done with my manuscript, I didn't act like it.  I went through it one more time and found a few minor things to fix.  Then I found yet another problem; one of historical timing of events.  I have more original writing to do now. Sheesh.


And we seem to be once more on the precipice of pandemic restrictions.


Not a good month.


[Rant] Now what?

[Good Links] Steaming Pile of Links 

[TV] Loki