Wednesday, September 09, 2020

[Good Links] Think Links

All these links are worthy of a slice of brainpower.
  1. This is a clever breakdown of how the two sides filter identical facts to mean what they want it to, in this case the Kenosha shooting. This is not done with evil intent (for the most part), it is done unconsciously and out of virtue, yet it is still dangerous. Did you adopt either of these views? Will you rethink?
  2. This is a bit heavy on jargon, but it's a good summary of the current thinking on longevity. I keep hoping these folks make real progress in time for me to use it.
  3. I have mentioned that most of my friends are liberal and most of those are atheists (or at least only vaguely spiritual). Were any of them open to seeing Christianty as something other than sneerworthy, I would point them here for the latest thoughtful takes.
  4. Relevant to both the Coronatime and College Town posts this month, Robin Hanson peers into the future of how all this will play out. I find nothing in this to disagree with.