Sunday, May 10, 2020

The Month That Was - April 2020

Still on lockdown -- still social distancing, still working from home, still desperately looking for excuses to run to the grocery store or fill the gas tank ro get out of the house for any reason at all. Michigan stay-at-home is until May 30th at the soonest.

I am finding ways to stay active and for the moment anyway, my day-to-day activities are still minorly impacted. I'm still employed, which is a saving grace. I'm getting enough exercise -- running, biking, walking, and the odd fitness video. I have been able to get some minor stuff done around the house. Although oddly, no fiction writing. Hmmmm.

I've been doing some pretentious reading. I tried to get into Sartor Resartus by Carlyle, but struggled with his baroque vocabulary and dozen clause sentences. I set it aside but I read enough to know I'd like to get back to it. Now I'm going through Thus Spoke Zarathustra -- Nietszche is all the rage in certain corners of the internet. I do need to mix in some more Maigret of Nero Wolfe to keep my head from exploding.

[TV] Toob Notes
[Rant] Coronatime, Month 2
[Rant] Lucky or Smart