Thursday, September 05, 2019

The Month That Was - August 2019

As I write this, my travel plans have just been dashed by Hurricane Dorian. I will spend the next few days re-working everything and hoping not to lose too much money in re-scheduling fees and so forth. As hurricane complaints go that's pretty minor, considering the photos coming back from Abacos and Grand Bahama. They look to be almost totally destroyed, which is to be expected when a Cat 5 squats over your island for over a day and the sea surges 20 feet over an island that is no more than 10 feet above sea level.

As another summer drifts away I find myself once again pleased that I didn't waste it. I got in plenty of activity and even got a small project or two completed. I am going to make a valiant effort to keep up on outside activities even through the cold this year. I will likely fail.

I also started work on the first revision of my book. I spent the bulk of the summer away from it intentionally, to re-approach it from a distance. It's got lots of holes in it, but I think it's going to work. I have been using this simple Pomodoro Timer app to good affect.

[Detroit] The Eternal Crisis
[TV, Rant] Mindhunting
[Rant] Isn't That Just Fine
[Good Links] Link Set