Thursday, July 04, 2013

The Month That Was - June 2013

The Month That Was - June 2013: June was more of the usual. I ran a race: the Dexter-Ann Arbor Half Marathon which should not have been as hard as it was. It hurt. A lot. Worse than last year which suggests I have slipped out of shape or something more terrifying -- I am getting older.

More work on the house: furnishing the deck, which involved assembling a Rubik's Cube of a gas grill, an adventure worthy of its own rant. In the end I got it done, with very few leftover parts. The roof sprung a leak, luckily it was solved with some patchwork. My roof is pushing 20, I should probably start saving for a new one. Had the living room painted. It would have taken me weeks to do on my own. The pros got it done in three days.

Speaking of pros doing things, I broke down and hired a guy to mow the lawn. I know it's like admitting the lawn defeated me, but look, I cut lawns as a kid and then cut this one for three summers. I have nothing to prove when it comes to my ability in grass warfare.

I also put up a bird feeder. We'll see if my squirrel warfare skills are up to snuff.

Lots of 'Rants' this month. I don't know what meaning to assign to that.

[Rant] We Love the '90s
[Rant] Tellin' Stories
[Movies] Going Attractions - June Releases
[Detroit] Murder and Hockey
[Rant] The New Thurston Howell III