Monday, July 09, 2012

The Month That Was - June 2012

The Month That Was - June 2012: I'm even later than usual this month. My excuse is that everything seemed to happen at the end of the month. I finished the book I was going to review, spent a weekend in NYC -- even the links I found are mostly from the end of the month. Let's hope I can break the cycle.

I'm still not writing enough on my special project (real soon now), with which I am hoping to test the Amazon Singles waters. The bulk of the work is done, I just need to proof it one last time, write an intro, and format it properly. I had really hoped to be done by now, but I had gardening to do.

For the record, it has been pushing 100 degrees every day for the last week and it looks like we are in for a blistering July. I'm finding dried frog husks in my driveway. We've been getting searing sunlight punctuated by short half-hour thunderstorms with tornado like winds, then we switch right back to tanning bed conditions. The storms take out the power lines so when it heats back up, people can't run their A/C. It's been a truly bizarre summer weather-wise. So extreme that it's been difficult to enjoy. Part of that is also due to the physical problems I've been having, but that will have to wait until next month.

[Good Links] Link Onslaught
[House and Home] A Supposedly Fun Thing
[Travel] New York Weekend
[Tech] My Next Things
[Books] Book Look: The Great Game