- A Pixar perspective on writing stories. Much of it I agree with, or at least it agrees with me.
- Slapping Mitch Albom. I admit to being an Albom hater, but I also don't deny that it's at least partially jealousy at how insanely well his weepy little stories sell.
- Detroit needs smart leadership, Detroit gets a councilman starting juvenile flame wars.
- Redskins tight end Fred Davis was accused of assaulting a woman named Makini Chaka, a self-styled celebrity promoter (aka, party girl), at a nightclub. In court, they both chose to be their own lawyer. Hilarity ensues. If I wrote this dialogue in fiction, everyone would call it implausible.
- To mark the release of the paperback version of his celebration of 1980's geekery, Ready Player One (reviewed here), author Ernest Cline developed and released and old style Atari 2600 video game. That, my friends, is as hardcore as it gets.
Monday, July 09, 2012
[Good Links] Link Onslaught
Link Onslaught: Your monthly set of curious links...