Tuesday, February 08, 2011

[House and Home] House Gripes

House Gripes: This month's list of observations on home ownership.
  • 65" plasma TVs are heavy. The good news is that a thief could not get far with a hernia (ha ha, robbers).
  • I seem to be the only one that thinks "Wi-fi ready" and "adaptor not included" are contradictory.
  • Recessed 15-foot-high swiveling flood lights are the product of a stunted, disturbed, or outright evil intellect. Maybe all three.
  • A snow blower is a divine device; earthly evidence of God.
  • There is no such thing as a usable furniture search engine. (I hereby copyright this idea. Email me for licensing terms.)
  • Box elder bugs deserve extinction. You heard me. Extinction!
  • Dining room sets are too expensive. (Yes, I have actually given considerable thought to dining room sets. Just shoot me.)
  • Ladders are too expensive. (See above re: flood lights.)
  • Property taxes are too expensive.
  • Everything is too expensive.