Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Month That Was - June 2009

The Month That Was - June 2009: A lot of clean up and miscellany this month, including four travel rewinds, backtracking through my recent, pre-Moab trips out west. I'm slowly weeding out the Scurrying About section in the hopes of eliminating it as part of a minor site rework. I should start tagging all my posts. I should also think about adding Google Ads. And enabling comments - maybe. I have a few other ideas. If I get more than one done it will be a miracle.

No "Book Looks" again this month. But coming in the future are Lanark, by Alistair Gray; The Lightning Thief and (maybe) The Sea of Monsters, by Rick Riordan; The History of Art, by Paul Johnson; (possibly) more Nero Wolfe. You will not find a more eclectic reading list than mine.

I had also promised three more Flick Checks from my Comcast freebies, but I didn't get to those either. In truth I have come to have a knee-jerk dislike of movies. I can't tell if it's old-age crankiness or just intolerance for poor drama, but I rarely see a film that I find qualifies as even passable entertainment anymore. It's tempting to say they just don't make like they used to, but the fact is they never made them like they used to, it's just taken me a long time to see how bad they always were. I should write something more cogent about this phenomenon. Another thing for the to-do list.

Honestly, the bulk of my free time this month went to combing through the 600 or so photos I took in Utah and photoshopping them into acceptable shape. I am happy to say, that my photo library on Smugmug is looking really good. I'm proud of some of that stuff, not that it has any real value to anyone but me. I suppose I could look into naking them available for stock photography. Every paragraph is ending in a new project. Alas.

10th Circle of Hell: Renting a Car
Life After Motown
Music in My Ears
Those Weren't the Days
Travel Rewind: Southwest Passage (2008)
Travel Rewind: Death Valley Days (2008)
Travel Rewind: Head for the (Black) Hills (2007)
Travel Rewind: Way Out West (2006)