Thursday, March 10, 2005

Falling Falling Falling: Falling further behind, that is. Of course, that’s because I have spent the last few days in New Orleans. A full accounting will be forthcoming. It started out unexpectedly Ritzy and ended with me stranded in Atlanta. But for the moment I cannot even get it together enough to make a list of everything that URGENTLY MUST BE DONE now that I am back. I hope to use the weekend to return to my usual backlogged state. Posts are likely to be rare (er) for a while.

One note before I beg off; I actually left Bourbon Street early on Sunday night so I could catch the season premiere of Deadwood, which has become the most amazing show on TV -- better than The Sopranos or Six Feet Under. That’s a flash judgment based on the season premiere; I will make full and definitive evaluation at the end of the season. If you haven’t seen Deadwood, go rent the first season (or watch it on InDemand) then beg, borrow or steal your friend’s recordings to catch up on this season from the premiere.

(Notice, I still haven’t gotten my fancy-schmancy DVR integrated into my lifestyle yet, or I could have stayed on Bourbon Street as late as I wanted and caught up when I got back.)