Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Extreme Makeover:  You ever look around and think, I'd really like to throw away my house, my job, my body and my website, and just start over and redesign everything properly? 

No?  Well then forget I asked.  I'll just provide you with these links and we can keep going just like before.  But if you don't hear from me for a while, you'll know what I've been doing.
  • For all you golfers, try this course.  Par 11,880.

  • HBO News: Minor Deadwood spoiler.  I have it on good authority that Wyatt Earp comes to town next season.

  • David Chin wrote to let me know about his site, A Picture's Worth, which is a "personal, non-commercial project that aims to highlight the emotions and memories that can be triggered by a photograph."  Long time readers are giggling now, reminded of my struggle to actually take a picture.  They also know full well that I have enough trouble generating a 1000 words.  But if I did have some good photos, A Picture's Worth would be a decent place to put them to use.

  • Bob Probert, former Detroit Red Wings thug…er enforcer, apparently got arrested during his first day on the job as  a bouncer in a Florida night club.  Probert, who is as tough as any brain-dead, psychotic coke-fiend, resisted arrest for buying drugs, apparently oblivious to the fact that when it comes to cops, five for fighting means five years.  I don’t know about you, but I think a Mike Tyson vs. Bob Probert pay-per-view would net millions for Comcast.

  • Kids today don’t know nuthin' about rebellion.  Most of them apparently like their parents. Why, back in my day, we were fighting in the streets.  With our children at our feet…

  • This is fun.  Waxy.org has gone through Amazon and excerpted some of the deeply negative reviews for critically-acclaimed works.  For example, about the Wizard of Oz: "For one thing, I don't like to watch things with witches in them, especially if one of them is portrayed as a 'good witch' - that's an oxymoron I can't reconcile with." Readers chime in with more.  Here's one on the King James Bible: "Apart from the leather, this book isn't really any good."  Take a moment to enjoy.