Tuesday, September 12, 2023

The Month That Was - August 2023

Storms -- we had awful storms, high winds, tornados, power outages.  I can't remember a wetter summer.  Correspondingly it's also been a greener summer than I can remember.  Whenever I travel down to southern headquarters I am reminded of what a lush, verdant state Michigan is.  It is a thing I will miss if I leave.

I say "if" because I had the SO and daughter up for extended time in the mitten.  We visited Saugatuck and Traverse City and they were very impressed.  It's hard not to be impressed with Michigan when the weather cooperates.  It kind of re-opens the door to staying up here and simply snowbirding down south when it gets cold.  


As a strange surprise, my Michigan income tax return was held up for review this year with the result being they found a larger refund than I calculated.  Which is mind blowing because, a) they did it at all and, b) I'm pretty good at taxes and I'm pretty sure I did them correctly.  Now I'm concerned they will find it was a mistake and ask for it back.


Maybe I should spend it quickly. 


Content this month is light.  Visitors and travel have been a big distraction.  More next month, including my eulogy for Jimmy Buffet.  


[Rant] Tell You of my Dreaming

[TV] Unjustified

[Travel] Parks Outside the Box