Friday, January 05, 2024

The Month That Was - December 2023

Nostalgia: remember when the changing of the year meant you would mis-date the checks you wrote for a couple of weeks?  Now our electronic payments, and even our clocks, know what the day and time is with us telling them, like we're billionaires or something.  

I still wear a lovely mechanical watch that requires winding and resetting the date for months that are shorter than 30 days and it loses about 30 seconds a day so I have to adjust the time every couple of days.  I know it's off because of all those fancy-schmancy electronics.  A TAG Heuer Carrera if you must know. It was a very expensive gift from a very dear friend.  I have been tempted to get a Google watch for activity tracking and such but I would only wear it on my right wrist, the TAG will always retain its place of honor.


Years increment, time passes, memories recede.  Some things should endure.


[Rant] Holiday Ruminations 

[TV] Toob Notes: The Smart and The Stupid

[Good Links] Year-End List