Thursday, April 07, 2022

The Month That Was - March 2022

I spent an inordinate amount of time doing taxes this year.  Mostly because I moved my main investment account and I ended up having to track down two sets of 1099s.  Also, I use H&R Block's online service for self-preparation and filing and they've "improved" their interface to make it much harder to use.  One thing I am grateful for is my background in accounting and finance (and also software) that allows me to prepare and file my own taxes.  I also do my brother's and, on occasion, friends who need a hand.  It saves me, and them, a fair amount of money.

The transition to Spring brings with it a lot of measuring what's coming for the rest of the year. More below.  I made a weekend trip to Houston where I attended the annual Houston Rodeo which is a capital "T" thing.  Also more below.  


I did not get back to my manuscript but my plan is one last proofread then the mechanics of pushing it to Kindle begin.  That also means I'll be cluing you in on it soon.  FWIW, I would call it esoteric and unlike anything I've written before.


[House and Home] Rites of Spring

[Travel] My First Rodeo

[Good Links] Links from the Mitten