Thursday, November 11, 2021

The Month That Was - October 2021

Another month passes into the mist.  Cognitively, I think I look at a year as about the same amount of time I would have thought of as a month when I was a wee lad.  A lot will happen, but once it's over, it just slips into an indistinct time frame of the past.  As a child, if I needed to know the month something happened in the past, I would probably try to relate it to things like summer vacation, who my teacher was, something that happened on a TV show, and from there figure out the more specific time frame.  I now do that with years.  If I have to remember when a certain event occurred, I will try to remember things like what car I was driving, or what tech I was using, or what happened on a TV show.    

Actually, most everything from the past 30 years has blurred into something like "grown up lifetime" and it's really hard to timeline the events in that era.  Apropos of nothing except that it's fall again, and I'm beginning to think I'll survive another year.