Sunday, September 09, 2018

The Month That Was - August 2018

I feel a change has manifested, but I can't put my finger on it. The grip of certain activities -- things that provided the motive force for my life -- are weakening in their grip. Writing has become a struggle (although some of that is just the place I am in the process in my current book). Travel doesn't provide the same sense of adventure. Participating in races is getting more and more difficult. I'm even running out of things to say on this site and have given thought to shutting it down, or at least taking a break. After all, I've been at this in one way or a another for nearly 20 years.

I don't know whether tis is temporary or if it is indicative of some sort of sea change. But it goes hand-in-hand with the sense that I am increasingly distanced from the affairs of the world. I hate to navel gaze, but I fear there may be more to come on this topic.

[[Movies] Infinite Blockbuster
[Movies] More Dead, More Pool
[Tech] Tech I Almost Like
[Rant] Anti-Anti-Social