Monday, August 06, 2018

The Month That Was - July 2018

It was a time of drought and scorched lawns. Biking was big -- I purchased a (used) mountain bike and began riding the trails and gravel roads in addition to my typical road cycling. I am shaky, but improving, on the trails. On the road, no century this year. Looks like the long ride will be 62 miles. Of course, I remain one of the five people in North america who follows the Tour de France every year -- see below.

But generally things are still good. My complaints, such as they are, aren't just First World complaints, they are upper middle class complaints. That's what I am; what sort of complaints were you expecting?

I notice that, not only haven't I been writing, I also haven't been reading. Over a month with no book going-on of any sort. That is worrisome.

Also, I find myself getting dizzy when I stand up. That is more worrisome.

Yes, everything is good.

[Tech] Phone Follies
[Travel] The Mitten Views The Fingers
[Sports] Tour de Familiar