Friday, April 07, 2017

The Month That Was - March 2017

It was the best of months, it was the worst of months. It was actually a month like most others. I managed to duck off to Key West for a few days in search of some head clearing and skull scrubbing. Don't think I was successful at that but I did enjoy the sunshine.

We've had a fairly mild winter but this month brought a savage windstorm that had some folks without power for days. I only lost power briefly, but the wind managed to pull down three 20+ foot spruce trees in my yard. All said and done it's going to be about $1200 to remove them and grind the stumps. Insurance will cover precisely $500. And that doesn't include the cost of replanting trees there, which I know from past experience to be very expensive. Compound that with the fact that I am getting the exterior painted along with some four digit window repair and....ugh. I should just sell the damn house.

I did make some writing progress. I would say I am about 41.67% done with the first draft (all numbers approximate). More importantly I've got a decent handle on where to go next -- as you recall, plotting is the most difficult part of writing for me. I have to keep reminding myself that once the first draft is done, however lousy it is, all that's left is re-writing an edit, which are orders of magnitude easier than writing.

[Books] Book Look: Man on the Run, Paul McCartney in the 1970s
[TV] Toob Notes
[Rant] A Vanishing