Sunday, July 04, 2010

The Month That Was - June 2010

The Month That Was - June 2010: A sunny and warm 4th of July. I'm delighted to say that I've had a healthy share of outside time so far this summer, which is what one should be able to say.

I have yet another hard-copy formatted galley of Misspent Youth. At first glance it looks pretty much correct and I am trying to work up the enthusiasm to unsheathe my fine-toothed comb. I've also managed to get together my ideas and some examples of cover graphics for the designer. Sometimes it seems like I'll be baby-stepping to my grave.

Two trips this month, both described below. No photos, though - they weren't really new locales. My eternal travel planning has slowed, mostly because I have decided it's time to buy a house. I have lived (quite happily) in a small-ish condo for well over a decade. It has been a completely hassle free situation, but the combination of exceedingly low interest rates and a deeply depressed housing market suggest that it might be a wise investment for me to embrace some longer-term hassle. That means having as much ready cash around as possible, which in turn means limiting my travel excesses. So what you will miss in terms of future travel narratives will hopefully be made up for in tales of house shopping follies.

[Travel] Memorial Day in NYC
[Books] Book Look: Norwegian Wood, by Haruki Murakami
[TV] Breaking Bad And You
[Travel] Ft. Lauderdamndale