Monday, January 02, 2006

Checking In: I spent the few days prior to New Years Eve in Toronto. It was warm and sunny and I could have lounged on the beach sipping mojitos all day long. Seriously, Toronto is a fine town. It's Canada in December so I expected it to be cold, I just didn't expect things to be shut down like they were. Restaurants and so forth were open on about a 50-50 basis. Plus, they don't have ESPN. They get something called "Score" that seems to carry ESPN programming sometimes, but is more of a hockey fan's wet dream.

Highlights were the Bata Shoe Museum (not bad, considering it's a shoe museum), Body Worlds at the Science Centre (notice how I spell center like a true canuck), and a quick jaunt down to Niagara Falls. A splendid trip, all in all.

Anyway, I did manage to get the penultimate football column up. And I was pleased to find out I was named Hotel Maven of the Year over at HotelChatter. For you folks at Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons, please contact me for when you would like me to visit. My needs are simple, a jacuzzi suite and VIP access to local nightclubs will do.