Sunday, December 18, 2005

Dumpage: Once again I am late in linking the football column. Considering the results, I should pretend it never happened. As penance, here are some links I have been collecting for you.
  • For all my scientist friends, a lab report to be proud of.

  • Travel round-up: upcoming hot destinations from Frommers, Fodors choice hotels, Gayot's top hotel openings, what's coming to Vegas. Sign me up for the Conrad Majestic.

  • I am not a fan of the band U2. I find their music mildly annoying, and ridiculously overrated. I find Bono to be monstrously annoying and intellectually infantile. So I took a sly delight in the first line of this Paul Theroux editorial: "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment." Heh-heh.

  • 52 reasons why ESPN sucks, is full of gems. (Naughty language alert.)