Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Toob Notes: I must write some fiction. I must. For now, here are some TV stories I found interesting.

Slate has collected a couple of mob experts and is having them comment on each episode of the current Sopranos season (which has been quite good so far). You can catch up with them at these links: Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Fun reading. Spoiler warning: Don't read these if you haven't seen the shows and don't want to know what happens.

++++++

The Iron Chef lives! The rumor I posted about this earlier has borne out (although it's not clear what role Alton Brown will play). FoodTV is bringing two of the original Japanese Iron Chefs over to battle some of their big names. Read all about it. This should be fun. I'm big on Wolfgang Puck after visiting a couple of his restaurants during my recent sojourn to Vegas. No idea why I fund this stuff interesting when my entire culinary experience consists of pressing the start button on the microwave.

++++++

"I have a vewy gweat fwiend in Wome." HBO is planning a new series on ancient Rome. Probably be good. However you can take this show about Rome and throw in the Passion and neither will hold a candle to the upcoming re-release of Monty Python's Life of Brian. "People called Romans go to their houses????"

++++++

I wrote a short article on one of the very best TV writers in history. This was prompted by seeing what was a probably a ten-year-old X-files episode of his on a late night re-run and it still absolutely blew me away.