Friday, April 16, 2004

Status Report: Yet another bit of TV criticism, this time about HBO's new Old West drama, Deadwood. Do check it out.

Amazingly, I think it was this morning until I completely got over the bio-terror attack from last week. I was able to make it to work every day, but by the time I got home I wanted to do nothing except go completely zombie. I think it was probably the longest period I have had ready access to a computer but not even turned it on.

As a result I have little to share with you. I probably could have scraped something up to write about but tonight but I kept getting sidetracked by this innocuous site, Travel Channel's Worlds Best, that gets me thinking about travel and all the places I 'd like to go and then I look ever at Frommers and maybe go to Trip Advisor to read opinions. Next thing you know, and hour has passed.

The good news is the weather is getting warm -- we must have been over 70 today because it's 67 right now. The cold sport, hockey, is in the playoffs, and the warm sport, baseball is just starting. I had the opportunity to go see the Red Wings first playoff game with a couple of friends and had a great time. Yes, I had a great time in Detroit. Will wonders never cease? (You can read my opinions on Detroit in this article.) We had everything well planned, we got down there early and things were pretty smooth exiting the city.

With due respect I must point out that hockey is undoubtedly the fastest and most exciting of sports to watch in person. We were in row four, you could seemingly reach out an touch the ice. I hope to get to see more of them in the future, but there's no way I could afford another playoff ticket (the cost is one major appendage with an option on a future minor one) and next season is in jeopardy because of labor disputes.

Next up is baseball. As I write this, Boston is hammering New York in their first match of the season and the Tigers have a winning record. More wonders.

And here I sit rambling, when I should be writing fiction. Which reminds me, I think I'm very close to getting Apple Pie placed with a new publisher. Of course "very close" in these things could amount to many weeks.

And I really have to redesign this web site again.

And yet here I sit.