Wednesday, November 06, 2019

The Month That Was - October 2019

Winter is here. I made a visit to New Orleans, more below, but one of the purposes was to run a half-marathon. I have been running halfs for quite a number of years now. Usually it is my goal race for the year. I tend to slack off training in the winter then when Spring comes I slowly build up, through a few other races, eventually doing a half marathon in the Fall. It's how I know I haven't backslid. But I can't do it anymore. My poor knees suffered greatly during the extended training runs. I was never built for running and age hasn't helped that. This was not standard fatigue and over-use pain. This was wake up at night, borderline debilitating pain. So that was my last half marathon. I'm setting a hard limit at 10 miles and a preferred distance of 8. I'm shifting away from endurace and towards weight-training for my main exercise strategy anyway. Age is no longer something I can deny, I just have to adapt. Like I said, Winter is here.

Draft 2.0 of my next book is moving along nicely. We are soon approaching the point where I begin to feel it is inevitable. That will be a good feeling.

Is this decade really almost over?

[Rant] A Nice Place To Visit, But...
[Travel] Down Nawlins
[Movies] Flick Check: Spiderman: Far From Home