Saturday, April 08, 2023

The Month That Was - March 2023

I don't know what to say other than I completely forgot.  I was heading down to Southern Headquarters at the end of last month, with the intent to write up my usual monthly nonsense and it just vanished from my mind.  Sometime around March 12th it occurred to me I had written nothing for February.

Possible explanations:

  1. I may be losing it.  I have on very rare occasions missed a month over the past 24 years, but I've always done it on purpose, with the understanding that circumstances simply didn't allow it.  This time I simply forgot.  Like I was some kind of old man or something.

  2. I'm out of the writing habit.  With the publishing of The Hawk Sahib, I no longer have a major writing project I'm working on.  Writing habits are delicate things. Abandon one habit and the related habits are affected.  Maybe.

  3. I'm simply too busy with my day job.  My day job is related to the U.S. tax calendar.  So this is the busiest time of year for me, coupled with the fact that I am, perhaps ironically, working the hardest I ever have now that I'm pushing retirement. The brain only has so much bandwidth. For the record, I hate the idea of "busy with work" as an excuse.


I don't know.  Whatever the case, the world didn't end.  It's possible nobody even noticed.  As my good friend ChatGPT pointed out:


who is david mazzotta?

I'm sorry, but I don't have any information about a person named David Mazzotta. It's possible that he is a private individual with no public presence or notable achievements, or he may not be a well-known figure. Without more context or information, it's difficult to determine who David Mazzotta is.

Amen, buddy.