Wednesday, March 09, 2022

The Month That Was - February 2022

Another month in the depth of winter. My only travel this month was to the frigid plains of Nebraska, but I hope to remedy that with a trip to warmer climes soon.  Winters can start out quite lovely.  A gentle blanket of snow can be picturesque.  There is football and hockey to watch.  No yard work staring you in the face. The cold can be bracing -- to a point.  The problem is that by the time February rolls around, the sun is gone, the Super Bowl is over, the white frosting of snow becomes a muddy gray, the wind will sear your ears, the road salt covers your car, and you'd do anything not have to bundle up for every outdoor activity.

Still, I've seen enough winters to know that it will end and I will survive and perhaps, one day, I'll spend a year without a winter.


There was also good news.  One mild day I was actually able to run 5k on my arthritic toe without too much pain.  I finished what I hope will be the last editing session on my next novel (although I have said that before).  I got to see some new friends and jostle with some highly energetic children.


I'm still above ground and as long as every month brings new engagement with the world, I'll count my blessings.


[Movies] Flick Check: No Time to Die

[Movies] Flick Check: The French Dispatch

[Books] Farewell P.J. 

[Tech, Cars] Stuff Status

[TV] Toob Notes: Reacher