Wednesday, February 03, 2021

The Month That Was - January 2021

I have no actual New Year's resolutions.  If there are goals that need to be set, I hope I wouldn't wait for a specific date to set them.  Just start right away.  I do have what I refer to as New Year's resolutions, but they are really just life guidelines. 

  1. Enhance the lives of the people I care about whenever possible.

  2. Fight sloth (the Deadly Sin, not the adorable forest creature)


I have had the same ones for years and I see no reason to change. I continue to do pretty well on the first one, I think.  Less so on #2.


One thing that does have to change is that I wrote virtually zero fiction last year.  I found out how deeply entwined my writing was with my daily habits. It is entirely psychological.  Nothing stops me from grabbing my notebook and sitting down and writing, but I had a certain place and certain times when I did that, and I was unable to get beyond the disruption of losing that thanks to the lockdowns.  I am ashamed of this.  I see it as a severe weakness.  When I think about it I despair of ever finishing my current project which makes me dodge it even more.  I must break this cycle.


Per current forecasts, we are facing an especially cold, and probably snowy, February. Joy. I need to head south.


[Covid19, Rant] Coronatime, Month 11

[Rant] You Are Getting Sleepy

[TV]Toob Notes