Thursday, December 10, 2020

The Month That Was - November 2020

I'm very late this month.  Travelling post Thanksgiving.  More to say about that next month.  

The first snow.  We had a couple of 70 degree days early in the month, and a couple of 60 degree days before Thanksgiving, but from now on it's nothing but cold. Part of me misses the years past when I could spend Thanksgiving betting football in Vegas and adventuring around the Southwest. I note a low level hum of concern in the air for what the combination of winter doldrums and social restrictions will do to mental health in general.  


For the longest time I had dreams of spending winters somewhere there was no winter.  Now I am more sanguine about the prospects. This is due to being a homeowner.  Winter is a multi-month respite from yard work.  Also the swarms of stink bugs and yellowjackets that plague the fall are gone.  A big part of mental health is finding reasons to be grateful.


Another good thing:  I think I have found my way around the fundamental conceptual hole in my latest manuscript.  It will take a bit of rework, but not as much as I had feared.


[Covid19] Coronatime, Month 9

[Rant, TV] Last Days of Cablerant-tv-last-days-of-cable.html

[Rant, Tech] Amazon Flood