Friday, February 07, 2020

The Month That Was - January 2020

So long 20-teens, eh? I don't know what to make of them. Whether it's a matter of my age or of a stagnating popular culture, I don't see it as much differentiated from the previous decade.

Ten years ago I posted about finishing a revision of what would be my third novel Misspent Youth; a book review of Cloud Atlas; a visit I made to the Greenbrier resort in West Virginia; an appreciation of John Hughes who had just died; some observations about purchasing a new car; and a link to Mr. Plinkett's now infamous seven-part take down of the Phantom Menace (before Disney took him down for copyright infringement).

None of it would be out of place today. I just finished a second revision of my next book, tentatively entitled The Hawk Sahib; the status of my reading is below; my car is doing fine although getting a little obsolete, it'll be a few years before it's that time again; I still make random cultural observations.

Perhaps I'm the one stagnating. Or perhaps I just like my life the way it is.

[Music, Rant] Background Music
[Ann Arbor, Rant] Waiting for Weed
[Books] What I've Been Reading
[Movies] Flick Notes