Wednesday, June 07, 2017

The Month That Was - May 2017

Warmth is slowly returning. Virtually all my plantings from the previous year have survived and bloomed. All my flowering trees were bursting with color. My many-times-replanted peonies came around strong. Even my indoor rose bush exploded with flowers (encouraging after last year's anemic output). And it's only going to get better as the plant fill out even more.

Lots of travel for me this month. Asheville, NC for the first time (described below). Saugatuck for the first time in years. And a quick run to Sarasota to see my brother. All three trips were swamped with rain. I have to say I have had generally very good luck with weather in my travels, but it finally caught up to me.

I did no work whatsoever on my writing project. For that I feel shame. As far as readings go, I have started My Struggle by Karl Ove Knausgaard. Over the past few years this book has been something of a literary sensation in Europe and, to a much lesser extent, over here. I'm mildly enjoying it, but so far I don't see the exceptionality that everybody else does. More later.

[Travel] Rainy Days in Asheville
[Movies] Flick Check: Logan
[Cars] Acura Shakes