Sunday, March 24, 2002

New Adventures in Surfing:
  • Deer are vermin. If you have lived in rural, or even rural-suburban Michigan, you know what I hazard they pose, and you also know that they are not anywhere near endangered (there are, in fact, as many now as there were at the turn of the last century). It might annoy animal rights activists to hear my feelings, but on the other hand, I've never actually killed one.

  • The Best Characters in Fiction Since 1900 and I don't have a lot to argue with, other than the egregious omission of Alex Kim from Apple Pie.

  • I love my weekly Boot Camp class. This one is intriguing; a daily, two-week long, super-intense, Navy Seal session, as described by a geek who braved it.
  • Here's a tricky one. What's wrong with this picture? Just stare at it for a minute and it'll come to you.

  • Last words. My favorite: "Dying is easy. Comedy is difficult."